On the 25th of each month we try to post about another Christmas card we have made, and suddenly the date has arrived again. I am a wee bit ahead of myself as I am writing this on the evening of 24th, but I am sure by tomorrow, there will be a Rudolph Day Challenge for me to link up with.
I am really trying to use up my papers and card, but also looking at items that have never been used, and browsing my files this week I came across a digital stamp that I bought along with several others, from Aurora's Wings. It is called the Rose Angel, and I am not even sure it is a Christmas image, but I decided to use it to make some very non-traditional Pink Christmas cards. I had the forethought to choose my dies for frames up front, so I could print out the image in the right sizes. That doesn't happen very often!
I printed it three times, and coloured each of them in much the same way, using my copic markers. Then I punted around for pieces of card to go with them. So here is my first card.
I found a new sheet of deep pink card which made two base cards, and a scrap of lighter pink for the frame which was cut with the largest die from the Spellbinders set, Resplendent Rectangles. I used some Tsukineko sheer shimmer spritz on the image to give it just a little sparkle, and cut it out with the next size down from the same die set, and mounted them together on the base card.
I wrote the sentiment on the computer and printed it out three times. I made one into a banner and glued it across the base of my image.
The second card was made using the other half of the deep pink card, and I again spritzed the image. This time I cut and framed her with Just Rite Nested medium oval labels, using the same light pink card as before. Then I cut two panels using Sue Wilson's Striplets-Lattice Windows die from white card and layered them under the image. I cut the second sentiment using the cutting edge and inner edge of a label die (make unknown). I liked this layout and will use it again some time.
My third card is slightly different. I used a white base card and covered it with a snippet of pink backing paper. The image and frame were cut using stitched square dies, and the third sentiment, cut as for the second card, was attached at the base with short off-cuts of sticky ribbon.
It is not like me to use pink for Christmas but I think it worked quite well, and I have three more cards to go in my collection for next Christmas.
So in the morning I will link this up with the February Rudolph day challenge and see who else is getting ahead making cards for next Christmas.