Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Three Kings

I have visitors again this week, but last night I found myself with a couple of hours alone so I decided to make a quick challenge card and this is what I made.

The background paper is sponged with Adirondak citrus ink and distress ink in barn door and tumbled glass. I used Adirondak lettuce ink to randomly stamp a palm tree (Crafty Individuals), star (Elusive Images),and words of the carol 'We three kings' (Clarity Stamps), and highlighted areas with a gold pen. I then overstamped in black with the main image of the kings by Crafty Individuals and the gifts which I can't remember the maker for. I cut out the panels and mounted them on red card to fit a DL card, and then mounted this on to citrus green card. A few red gems completed it. The words of the carol are stamped in full on the insert.

I am entering this card in
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge 16 - sing song - a card inspired by the words of a Christmas carol or song.

4 comments:

Hazel said...

What a delightful card - I love the way you've done the background. Thank you for joining in my CHNC challenge 16 - hope to see you again soon (I've sorted the links) x

Crazicards Crafty Blog said...

I like this Kate :O) Hugs Angie x

Saskia said...

This is a wonderful card, I really like the collage.

Ruth said...

I love your background paper and your stamping/inking.
Ruth C