Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Catching up with myself; Days 11-18

Well I can't believe it is a full week since I last posted my photos. But this doesn't mean I haven't taken them. So far I have managed to take one every day. (Two in fact. One inspired by Suzie's prompts, and a random one of anything that takes my fancy on the day). The random ones I am loading into a clipping mask each day and I will show the completed page at the end of the month, but here are the past week's offering for Suzie.


Day 11; This Item of Clothing is one of my favourite dresses. It was bought at least twenty (yes, twenty!) years ago in Wembley market. It was love at first sight and I took a lot of stick for wearing it at the time. Now such colourful garments are the norm, and no-one bats an eyelid when I put it on. In fact people come up and tell me how much they like it. What goes around, comes around...


Day 12; I had been cleaning the interior doors and this Translucent one between the kitchen and utility room, disguises the muddle beyond it, just showing lovely pearly colours, which unfortunately did not photograph very well!





Day 13; What is Inside your fridge? In mine there is everything from diary goods to bread, a range of jams and pickles, fruit and veg. and dog food! Yes, just about everything that might have been stored in the larder back in UK, ends up in the fridge out here. It is the safest place for it all, so my husband bought me a larger fridge and I still manage to fill it.




Day 14; My Guilty Pleasure is a simple marmalade sandwich. Although my blood sugar level is 'acceptable' if I take my tablets, I am registered diabetic so I have to limit my consumption of all things sweet. But when I get a real craving for sugar, nothing cures me better than a slice of bread and butter, and my own home-made Seville orange marmalade.



Day 15: This is my new Silhouette Cameo in action, doing some fairly intricate cutting on very shiny holographic paper, for a wedding card I was making. My Generous husband bought this machine for me at Christmas, knowing how much I wanted it, even though, out of necessity, he had replaced my computer and bought me a wide-bed printer just the month before.




Day 16: The first of the new season fruit was in the street market on Saturday, so I bought lovely ripe apricots and strawberries. Along with a handful of my favourite toasted seed and nut mix, this made a healthy and very tasty Snack.




Day 17; We had our first taste of real winter weather this week, and our houses are built to keep us cool in the Summer, but not to keep us warm in Winter. Our only heating is small gas and electric fires which we light when we settle down to watch TV etc in the evening, but during the day I solve the problem of draughts by sitting on a sheepskin chair cover, and wrapping up in a colourful rug that my mum crocheted many years ago. But every time I stand up to fetch something, my Naughty Baggins curls up on my warm covers.




Day 18: It was very Pleasurable to stand and watch the breakers rolling in on a deserted beach on a sunny January day. (No need for crocheted rugs today!)




Right, that's me up to date again. I will try not to leave it so long next time. Now I'm off to have a look at how a few other folk have interpreted the prompts. And I will also post the logo in my sidebar. Why not take a look at some beautiful photos, or even join in and post some of your own.

4 comments:

Di said...

Wonderful photos Kate! I like a marmalade sandwich too :)) Di xx

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your photographs.... we are also eating ripe apricots here in New Zealand :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Saskia said...

I love the dress! And sadly we must wait a few months for those type of fruits :(

fatmonica said...

Love the dress-that fabric's gorgeous!Am very jealous of your well stocked fridge but best of all I love Baggins!