Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Project 365

Hi friends. Today I thought I would share a new project that I hope to be involved with this year called 365. I am sure this is familiar to most of you, but in case it is not, the idea is to take a photograph every day of the year, so that at the end of it, you have a pictorial diary of how you spent your time. There are several internet projects on this idea but I am not really following any of them, more just doing my own thing. But one blog caught my eye this week called suzies365, and she is actually offering a word each day to match a photo to. This is more limiting than I want, as I hope to simply record how I spend my time, but I am running two folders side by side, one for my own photo and one for any that I take which I feel fits Suzie's criteria for the day. I shall be forming templates to display my own pictures in, either weekly, fortnightly or monthly, so that, by the end of the year, I will have a small book and I may share some of the pages on my blog along the way, but in the meantime here are my offerings for Suzie, for yesterday's word 'Pretty' and today's word 'Excitement'.



For Pretty I took a photo of one of my poinsettias that is out on the back porch, and it did indeed look very pretty yesterday as the Spanish sunshine turned it's leaves from red to orange.








I thought this picture caught some of the Excitement displayed by the children in our village today as they eagerly await the arrival of the Three Kings tonight. (See my post for yesterday to learn more about this). I took it at lunch time when we wandered over to the plaza for the opening of the medieval market and fayre. And 'yes' the knight on stilts did catch her, to squeals of excitement from her and her little band of friends!



I am excited too because, hopefully by the end of this month, I will have a new camera, and be able to be a bit more adventurous with the photos I take.
In the meantime I will make do with the old digital one that I bought from my son when mine broke. It takes pretty dismal photos indoors, but seems to cope quite well outside, so let's hope the sun keeps shining for a few more weeks.

3 comments:

cookcreateread said...

Oh I'm so glad you found the challenge and are playing along! Love your poinsettias, and the children certainly look excited! Can't wait to see more :)

Totty Teabag said...

We seem to have such a lot in common, Kate; I also live in Spain, dabble in many crafts and get excited at the first sign of fluffy white clouds!

Debbie H said...

Ooh the arrival of the kings looks great fun!