Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday 151

Yes it is Wednesday again so time to have a quick peek at how other crafter's like to work. If you are not familiar with this idea, pop over to Julia's blog at the Stamping Ground, and read all about it.

My desk is not very exciting today, but at least it has something on it now, unlike the clean and tidy space it was first thing this morning. It is getting very sunny here  most days, so even if I didn't have to move everything out of the cats reach, I would still have to tidy away each night, or the sun would bleach and warp it all.

So here we have it. The box spilling over on the left is my Christmas backing papers as it the 25th today, so Rudolf Day, when the aim is to produce a Christmas card. The tidier stack on the right is bags and boxes that I have just prepared to take to my monthly parchment craft class tomorrow. I am afraid I am not a very good student. My eyes are not functioning very well and I find it hard to concentrate, and when you are perforating parchment, just one tiny hole in the grid too many, and you have ruined the whole project.

In the centre are some sticky ribbons, and other non-sticky ones that I am trying to match to a die-cut. And then there is my cuttlebug and two new dies that arrived this week. The white ivy circle is a Marianne die and the purple one is a Cheery Lynn die. It looks almost circular in the photo but it is actually a very pretty oval, the shape I like most for small images. The little bird is a die I have had for a while and hopefully he will be sitting inside the ivy circle on a Christmas card before the end of today.

And of course, my ever-present fluff ball Baggins is sitting on my die storage folder. He has been diagnosed with an over-active thyroid but the medicine is not agreeing with him, so he is mostly sitting on or near me and dozing all the time. Hopefully, yesterday's blood test will enable the vet to adjust his dosage so I get my loving, funny cat back.

Now I will visit some of my Wednesday friends. Forgive me if I don't make it to too many of you today. My eyes won't allow me to look at the computer screen for long at a time, but I will do my best.

12 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Good old Baggins - he likes it be where the action is, just like my two!! The dies that you have are very pretty, I bet you use those a lot :)
Hugs, LLJ #33 xx

Unknown said...

Those are pretty dies. Love how your cat knows the best place to be - hope he is better soon.
Carolyn #90

sara j said...

Sorry to hear you are having troubles with your eyes...I've had a bit of that myself this week and find it very frustrating. You must be a saint for even trying to deal with perforations. That kind of patience left me years ago!

Sara
#168

Unknown said...

Give your Meow, Baggins some love for me! Poor kitten.

okienurse said...

nice looking desk with a lot of fun things on it. Cute kitty! Have a great week and thanks for commenting on my blog! Vickie #41

Hazel said...

Lots of loveliness to see. Well done for getting a card done for Christmas (don't forget my CHNC challenges if you get time) - (Hazel #173) x

Shoshi said...

Nice busy desk, Kate, and I always enjoy kitty envolvement in people's WOYWW photos! Sorry to hear Baggins is poorly and I hope they get him stabilised soon.

Glad things have quietened down visitor-wise now, although it must have been fun while they were around! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog about my knitting - it progresses slowly but surely!

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #90

Shoshi said...

Hi Kate, me again - just noticed your second comment. I got both of them, so never fear! Beastly Blogger playing Silly Bloggers again, I expect...

Shoshi #90

trisha too said...

That is a gorgeous cat!!

:)trisha
#167

Karen said...

A lovely looking desk with lots of great projects going on, and such an adorable fur baby :)

Have a great WOYWW and a fab week, Hugs, Karen #75

Julia Dunnit said...

Glad to hear the days are getting sunnier, we head out to our place for a week at the end of May and I'm looking forward to some real light! We have the same dies...the bird will look lovely on a Christmas card. Love the way Baggins gets in on the action!

CraftygasheadZo said...

Poor Baggins, but love the fact he's there making sure he's in on the action! Lots of super stuff going on too. Take care, hope you enjoy this week's WOYWW, have been snooping in shifts but I'm getting there! Zo xx 77