Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WOYWW149

Hello my fellow bloggers. For once I am up in time to do a quick post before I leave for my usual Wednesday morning sewing group. I took the photo last night before I tidied everything away!
Last time I managed a WOYWW post I was playing with flowers pressed through my cuttlebug to make background papers. Yesterday I had another go. It seems to be an 'inbetween' time in the garden with not a wide choice of flowers, but I spotted two lots of wild flowers with very pretty leaves so I thought I give those a try and I was very pleased with the results. So last night I used some of the paper to die cut flowers for a card. (Later today I shall do a blog about this card so I won't put any further detail here).

There are a couple of distress inks out to edge the flowers, and one of my lovely Artquest paint palettes. The huge blue folder is full of my unmounted word stamps and the set of boxes house all my different sorts of brads. At the back you can of course see Baggins, who is never far away. He was looking a bit disgruntled, (his usual expression), probably wondering how long he had to perch on that corner before I would clear a space for him to lie down in.

Right, now I am off to visit a few of the early birds and I'll try to get back later to get to some more, but I have a three hour round trip to the airport this afternoon to pick up my son and his girl friend who are out here for the next week. So there won't be much crafting going on but family comes first, and I love having my boys here.


If, like me, you enjoy seeing what other folk are busy creating, hop over to Julia's blog and join in the fun.

10 comments:

Candace said...

Love the flowers you have made. Enjoy your sewing group.

thanks for sharing x

okienurse said...

great looking desk. Love the flowers you have made. Have a great week. Vickie @106

Shoshi said...

Your idea for the pressed flowers is great, Kate! Looking forward to seeing the final result.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm getting there, as far as the background is concerned - I am aware of the problem with the purple and am hoping to get it sorted soon.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #18

Astrid Maclean said...

That pressed flower idea sounds intriguing... must come back to see the finished piece.....
Enjoy your family time! My boys are both at the other end of the world.... but at least my daughter is closer by.

I have enjoyed looking at your space
Have a good week and happy hopping!
#32

Miriam said...

Lovely flowers - thanks for sharing.

#148

May said...

Fabulous desk!!! lots of super blooms, Have a good week, Hugs May x x x No15

CraftygasheadZo said...

I've heard about pressing flowers, sounds intriguing. Take care, it's Thursday now so I'm late but I can never get through the list in one go! Love Zo xx 75

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I am intrigued to know how you use those pressed flowers. I hope you are warmer out there in Spain than we are over here. We did spend 5 days out in Soria, up in the north, at a wedding last year, and had a wonderful time. Madrid Airport was another tale though. Hope you have a lovely time out in Andelucia and enjoy the visit of your family. xx Maggie #2

kay said...

your pressed flowers sound fab
Have a fab crafty week
catching up re woyww
kay #70

SophieNewton said...

All looks very organised. Thanks for sharing your workspace
Sophie x
No.79