Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Monday, August 13, 2012

Sent with love

Chris's sister is currently struggling through a course of chemotherapy, and I wanted to send her a little love.  We are not in close contact with her, but I wanted her to know that she is in our thoughts and prayers. 

I decided to use one of the poppy images I painted a couple of weeks ago, to try out my new Chocolate Baroque stamp. (See here for what I used). I trimmed it down and cut a scalloped mat for it using my original nestability dies.
For a backing paper I started with an A4 sheet of white paper and sprayed it with yellow, green and blue inks. I have a real mixture of spray inks - some very old Sticky Fingers dyes, glimmer mists, memories inks, crafty notions and others, and I use them together, generally adding one of the ones containing mica as the last layer to give it some shine. This one had a fine misting of gold to finish.
When it was dry, I cut a piece large enough to fit a 'non-standard'size card blank that I found in one of my boxes. I darkened the edge with  a Momento olive ink pad, and used the same pad to stamp a large leafy flourish stamp by Barbara Gray of Clarity stamps, coming up from the bottom left corner, and a smaller version of the same image coming down from the top. Then I added small snippets of the image on the other two edges to balance it up.
Using a Marianne die, I cut two dark green leaf swirls and curled them round the poppy to echo the swirls in the stamping, and fixed the assembled topper onto the card.

I haven't quite decided yet, but I will probably add a simple sentiment, 'Thinking of You', or just 'With love', before I post it.

4 comments:

Jean said...

This is lovely Kate. I love the gorgeous background that you've made and the poppies are beautifully coloured. Jean x

Di said...

Wow Kate, this is gorgeous. Such a bright and cheerful card - sure to do the trick of cheering your SIL up :)

Di
xx

kiwimeskreations said...

fabulous card Kate - stunning background and an equally striking image panel.
Blessings
Maxine

JoZart Designs said...

Beautiful card and it's bold and positive which is just what she needs right now!
Love jo x