Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

WOYWW 170

As I prepare to once again visit the blog of our host Julie, to see who else is brave enough to open their work space up for the world to see, I feel I should first apologize for visiting so few of my friends last week. Those of you who visited me will know that I lost my lovely Baggins last Wednesday, and I didn't have the heart to do much blog hopping. But I did appreciate all who sent me kind messages. Thank you all.



So here is my desk today. It is not very exciting or even very crafty. Ever since I got the first school photos (In 1976!!) I have had recent, fairly formal, photos of my boys up on the wall. I always called it my "Rogues gallery". Later some were replaced with wedding photos, and then ones of the grandchildren were added. When we moved out to Spain I realised this was no longer practical. The walls are solid stone, so to hang anything is quite an issue, and the intense sun fades photos very quickly. But in the sitting room I have one wall, above the fire, that does not get direct sunlight, so I decided to use one of the, rather old fashioned now, multi frames, and try to get everyone in that. The boys are old enough now, to not change drastically through the years, though there is an occasional change of partner to be included, but the grandchildren's pictures are frequently out of date. So when I went to UK in May, I made sure I got one of everyone, without them pulling silly faces etc, and finally I have got them in the frame. It took me ages to edit them, and make sure they were exactly the right size but it is done now. I love all the fun photos I have of them, and they go in scrapbooks which I can wander through whenever I feel inclined, but I also love my rogues gallery, with all my  boys lovely smiling faces looking down on me. I walk in the room and automatically smile back at them. 


And I haven't forgotten what my desk is for. Just to the right is the sheet of my newest Chocolate Baroque stamps, waiting for me to finish that set of Christmas cards I started last week. The green one won a challenge at Holly Jolly Christmas Blog, so that should inspire me to get on and use the rest of them.



Meanwhile, here is the latest pair of pages for my project 365 - the pages for August. 
I chose a hot, bright orange for these summer pages, and again kept the decoration minimal, as the project is more about the photos than the page. I used a set of flower dies, (I have forgotten what make it is,), plus that lovely new memory box prim poppies, and my sissix/SU cut and emboss folder of butterflies. Those tiny ones are so cute.
Have a good week everyone, and I will try to visit more of you this time.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kate thank you so much for popping over to my new blog. I've so missed all my buddies. Love the August pages you've been doing - a real story in that - love the idea of a page a month. Not got much time this morning but will be popping over again to catch up with what you have been up to.
Ann xxx

Annie said...

Hi Kate. I have a multi picture frame in my living room that I need to update too. :-) Our babies seem to grow up over night don't they?
Hugs,
A x #85

JoZart Designs said...

You've done remarkably well crafting considering how you must feel this week. So sad to hear about Baggins. thanks for visiting me and for your lovely comment.
joZarty x

Unknown said...

Hi Kate Thanks for popping by and for your well wishes for Cal. I am wondering how warm it is in sunny Spain right now as we finally have some heat at last. An Indian summer indeed. So sorry to hear about Baggins I know what it is like to lose a beloved pet. Sending you a big hug. Helen 22

Amy E said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Baggins. Our dog passed 2 weeks ago, and it's still hard adjusting. They're members of the family, and it's so hard to lose them.

I love the idea of having all your kids shining faces in one big frame to look at! I smile whenever I see pics of my kids too!

Amy E. #36
scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

Morti said...

Sending you sympathetic hugs on the loss of Baggins - tis hard when we lose a pet....

Well done on the card win - the stamps look lovely. Ace idea to have your family up on the wall looking down at you permanently, such a cool way to keep them with you.

Thanks for stopping by!

akilli melek said...

love your august pages. it is nice to see other scrapbook layouts on here.
thanks for popping by earlier
caroline #14

Tertia said...

You have been very busy! All those photo's a LO and some stamping too, very impressive.
Happy belated WOYWW!
Tertia #70