Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

WOYWW 187

Hi all. After the Christmas rush I decided I needed a couple of weeks to wind down but now I am back with a newly organised craft room to inspire me for a new year of crafting fun. So I am starting off by joining in with a hop around other folks work spaces courtesy of Julia at Stamping Ground. Do stop over there to see what it is all about, and then join in with the fun.


I have been too busy tidying up to do much actual crafting so here is a quick look around my room.




First my computer corner which now has a lovely blue chair that Santa left under the Christmas tree for me. I have turned it round a bit to show off my red huggy heart cushion.  I do spend a lot of hours sitting at my computer and now I can sit comfortably which is great.






The new chair needed a bit more space than the dining chair I used to use so I have stacked my plastic storage units, and left a corner space for those awkward items that you only need occasionally  but can't quite throw away! I made sure I could still open the windows. This morning the sun is streaming in and the birds are twittering in the acacia trees outside. The first almond blossom is out and you could almost believe it is spring, but January and February are our worst two months, so I won't get too excited about the weather yet!



Further round from my computer is the desk where I do most of my work and at the side of this my new storage shelves and boxes are now in place, with the boxes all labelled and filled already. Arwen has been sulking while all the work was going on, but now it is done she is back on her throne, on top of my printer, and looks very at home there.








I still have one area to tackle and that's the bottom layer of my book shelf. This is perched above my original storage unit, and tends to get all sorts of oddments stuffed into it, but I have got rid of the broken box files of snippets (now colour sorted in the new unit), so I need to clean it out and decide how best to make use of it.








And finally, just to prove I have done some work this week in here, this was my desk last night. I am very pleased with myself for sticking with my project 365. I did actually take a photo for every day of the year, and I did get them all sorted into my monthly masks ready for printing. I haven't been quite so good about getting the pages mounted up, so last night I printed off the last few. It is only the last three months really but in October I did two extra pages. one for our holiday touring Ireland and one for our birthday week when all five of our sons came out to surprise us. So that means I have five double spreads to mount up and file in the album. At least they are all printed and trimmed now, so that is my project for this week.



So now I wish you all a good New Year. May 2013 bring you all you are hoping for. I will visit as many of you as I can after I have fed my hungry husband!

15 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Kate. Your new crafty space and storage looks really fab. I can just imaging you sepnding many happy hours there.
A very Happy New Year to you and yours.
Hugs,
A x #26

Unknown said...

Kate what a tidy room....I need to get mine done after this horrible journal is done!! love your chair and the way you have all of your containers stacked...Best of everything for 2013.
Zeffy 67

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Happy New Year, Kate!!
Thanks for dropping by today. Your new chair looks great, hope its the foundation of some great crafting this year!
Hugs, LLJ 31 xxxx

CraftygasheadZo said...

Looks like you are getting it all sorted! Great new chair too, always good to be comfortable. Anyway Happy New Year to you, here's hoping 2013 is a superb year for us all. Take care Zo xx 69

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful new chair - Santa was so good to you :-).
I just wish my space could look so organised.....
Blessings
Maxine

Twiglet said...

Happy New Year! Your new chair looks comfy and I love the huggy cushion x Jo

Creative Cardiology said...

Happy New Year Kate!
Your new storage is to die for and the chair looks very comfy.
I love how bright and cheerful your room looks!
Hugs,
Michelle #124

okienurse said...

WOW Kate your room is looking awesome! I love that huge window and all the light pouring in! I love Spain this time of year. I was there a couple years ago on Tres Reyes...three kings day and the town I was in had a long processional parade to the church. IT was awesome! Hope you have a Happy and Prosperous New Year! Look forward to your posts in 2013! Vickie #17

Di said...

Wow, your craft room is looking lovely Kate. Once you're totally finished sorting can you please come and help me?

Happy New Year and sorry I'm a bit late commenting for WOYWW. The ironing basket mugged me and demanded to be emptied! Hugs, Di xx #19

Sarn said...

Ooh! Thanks for inviting me into your craft room!

Wishing you a Happy New Year too xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

Great stuff Kate, mist admit that chair looks marvellous, andi love a cushion that hugs! Well done on your clearings and sortings, all set for a bunch of page making now then! Love what tou did with the reindeer tag!

KatzElbows said...

Great work on all your tidying. I wish mine was finished and I could just sit and play. Good luck getting all your pages done.

Happy WOYWW,
Rachel #6

JoZart Designs said...

Enjoy your new crafty space for a wonderful 2013.Happy New Year ...love Jo x

Saskia said...

Happy New Year to you too, Kate! Santa brought you a great chair, must be very comfy.

scrappymo! said...

your new storage look fabulous. Love the way everything fits so nicely.
Your new chair looks like it has good back support and is comfy as well!

Buds and blossoms already...you lucky girl!