Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

WOYWW 211

A bit of a change for me this week as my workdesk has changed into the kitchen table, because as you can see here, I am all set to have a baking session.
Straight after my usual Wednesday morning sewing group, I have ten or twelve folk coming round. It is my turn to host our Life group, so I thought I'd bake them some cookies.



Now they are all done, so there's the darker Anzac biscuits, the golden Dad's cookies, and the rather oddly shaped lemon jumblies. And because the jumblies only use the zest of the lemons, I have sliced up the fruit ready to open-freeze, then I will box them up and use them in our cold drinks over the next week or two - 'waste not, want not' as my mum used to say!


I haven't done much crafting this week but the cards I have made will be shown in due course when they arrive at their destinations. 
But I have been busy posting on my other blog, so do feel free to pop over there and see what was 'rocking in my world' last week, and then a couple of bits about my sons and what they have been getting up to.

And if that's not up your street, try visiting Julia's blog instead, and see what other crafters are busy with today. I'll be joining you there as soon as I can.

19 comments:

Spyder said...

my goodness early bird, I haven't written my post for woyww up yet! I'm trying to but blogger is being sooooooooo slow! Yummy food on your desk! I hope you are inviting everyone over!!

Happy WOYWW! No number yet!
((Lyn))

sara j said...

Hi Kate-
What a great idea to freeze lemon slices! You have been busy baking...lots of patience there. I can never seem to wait for each batch of cookies. Have a great week.
Sara j #56

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great bake you did - I made piklets today - first baking/cooking I have done in ages!!
Blessings
Maxine

Francesca said...

Oh what lovely biscuits. Have a good day. Francesca #44

Annie said...

So much yumminess....and I can't touch any one of them! You tease. :-)
Hugs,
A x #62

Helen said...

ooh lovely, we'll be round soon...!! Have a great week. Helen 31

Claire said...

Nothing beats home-baking! Those cookies look delish!!
A great 'desk'!
Happy WOYWW and have a great week :)
no. 32

Twiglet said...

Delicious cookies i am sure and a great idea to use up the lemon - I will follow your tip! x Jo

susibee said...

Your biscuits look divine - my Mum used to make Anzac biscuits, I haven't had one for years but thank you for bringing back memories of my Mum and her baking days.

Happy WOYWW Susi #85

The Taming of the Glue said...

The biscuits look really yummy! I love the frozen lemon idea, it'd be great in a G&T! Hugs. Pam#38

BJ said...

Great idea with the lemons BJ#55

ria gall said...

oh my word you have been so busy in the kitchen just look at all that lovely baking you have done I could pop round for a cup of tea right now.

Have a great WOYWW and enjoy the rest of your week
Ria #47

Anne said...

Oh yummy yummy! Now that's what I call a creative feast! Recipes and samples please to this addy....:OD
Great stuff! What's a life group?
TFS!
#40

Julia Dunnit said...

Ooh don't mind if I do. I guess ten people won't leave much of those delish cookies really will they! Too tempting!

Jean said...

Yum Yum!!
Jean x

Unknown said...

You are crafting, making those yummy treat is a craft. #26

jo said...

It all looks very yummy.

Oh how I miss your baking. :-) x x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, now I'm REALLY hungry. Lovely baked goods. And freezing lemons to add to drinks is a great way to use them after they've been zested. And because it's still Wednesday in my part of the world, have a super WOYWW from #17.

JoZart Designs said...

I lurve Anzac biscuits so I wish I could reach that far. I too freeze lemons and make marmalade too. I remember going to stay in La Zubia when my friend lived there and the lady in the local bar gave me some lemons from her trees as a gift when my friend told her that I made marmalade. 15kg!!!! I brought them all home stuffed in everywhere and luckily I had space as I'd taken so much over for my friend.
Jo x