Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Monday, December 16, 2013

Praying or Peeping

I don't do much 'cute' but I have always loved these two little angels called Praying and Peeping, by Judi-Kins. I don't even know whether they exist now. I certainly bought them a good few years ago, after my sister gave me a Christmas card with one of them made on shrink plastic. Now that really was cute!

I probably over used them a bit that year, but they haven't seen ink since, so I decided to get them out and have another go.

I love the way the naughty one's toes are curling and her halo has slipped!
I raided my all-white snippets box (the fullest one of all), and found ten little pieces so I stamped each angel five times. I then went through the Christmas snippets and found several pieces from free magazine booklets I think. I dug out some dreadful pink DL cards with envelopes that have lurked in a cupboard for years. I like mauvy-pink, but these were a shade I would never choose to use, so I thought I'd cover them with paper and just leave a narrow border on each side. Hence my use of mauve, and white papers covered in pink and purple snowflakes. There was also one in deep mauve with pink stars all over, but I forgot to photograph that one before giving it to someone. The two blues pieces are a paper that I really like from my computer library, and I have printed it out in every shade of blue, so I nearly always have odd bits of it in my snippets box. I then coloured one of each angel to match the papers, cut them with a spellbinders label die - I'm not sure what number it is), and quickly assembled five cards. One has already gone, but here are the other four. The words were from a See-D's set.
I shall pop over to Pixie's Snippets Playground with these, and see whether anyone is lurking under the playhouse with some mulled-wine. Perhaps I'll see you there.


9 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a s sweet image, and you have used her beautifully.
Blessings
Maxine

Di said...

Oh Kate, what adorable cards using such sweet images. Even if you wouldn't normally do cute these little sweeties have just that right whimsical touch and great use of snippets.

And I LOVE your blog header - it looks so festive and very welcoming :)

Playing catch up with commenting here, hugs, Di xx

Sarn said...

Hi Kate . .. such a sweet set of cards made with those cute angels.

Hugs, Sarn x

Jean said...

I love these pretty cards Kate. The cute little angels look great on your patterned papers.
Jean x

scrappymo! said...

Sweet little cards...the naughty one is adorable BTW!

veronica said...

I have these stamps too - several years old, but I still love them! A great way to use up those old card blanks.
Hope you have a great Christmas and a happy New Year
xxx

JoZart Designs said...

Happy Christmas and a creative 2014! love Jo
thanks for all your friendship.

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Kate
Now we don't see a lot of DL size cards do we.
Love your colouring of these adorable images and the pretty papers used .
Thanks for calling into my room and leaving some blog love .
Hope you and yours had a beautiful Christmas and may the New Year that follows be a happy one .
hugs Shirley-Anne

Elizabeth said...

Spotted these cute wee angels on Pixie's Snippets and just had to pop over and see the cards you've created - they are lovely. I'm of a similar mind to you when it comes to pink ... there's some pinks that I really do not like. However, your pink card works well with the papers you've chosen. Elizabeth xx