Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Thursday, March 19, 2015

It´s a Stand Off!!

Just a quick post today as I am getting ready for my coffee morning tomorrow. I thought I would just share another of my Easter ´makes´, this time some little ducks and chickens that each hold a Cream Egg.

They look like they are having a bit of a stand-off, ducks v chickens!
The ducks are knitted and the chickens are crocheted, both using some of the many free patterns available on the net. (Search for cream egg cosies). I adapted them for the yarn I had available. The ducks were quicker and less of a fiddle to make and I think I prefer them. For speed I used my hot glue gun to add felt eyes, beaks etc, so I need to go through them and trim off any stray glue strands. I am hopeless at using a glue gun cleanly.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Those are just gorgeous Kate....good luck with the coffee morning.
Hugs,
Annie x

Jean said...

These look really cute, I hope you sell them all.
Jean x

kiwimeskreations said...

Love them standing off like that Kate - fabulous creations :-)
Blessings
Maxine