Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Monday, March 21, 2016

Butterfly Challenge#50 Buttons and/or Bronze


Another last minute entry from me, but I wasn't able to do the last Butterfly Challenge so I was determined to get a card made for this one. And here it is.
It is not the best photo as I was having trouble with the reflections.
I cut a white base card to the European dimensions 11.5 x 17 cms. I like it because it gives me just a little more space to work in. It also meant that I could use my newest  Creative expressions die - Lattice window by Sue Wilson.
I looked up Bronze on the internet and Wikipedia said it is 'Metallic brown', and it just so happened I had a sheet of metallic brown textured card in my stash, at least fifteen years old, so it is time it was used. I cut my die from it twice, omitting the centre part, and glued them side by side on the base card. I then cut the centres from white card and added them on top.
The butterfly is a Wild Rose Studio die (Butterfly lace), cut from the same bronze card. For the back layer I cut around the outside of the die from white card and painted it with Imagination crafts Starlights paint - Mediterranean Sky - and added red perfect pearl drops to the circle holes. I cut a small banner from some more of the painted card and cut a sentiment with Signature dies in bronze.
To finish it off I raided my boxes and found a mixture of blue and red buttons and brads and glued them randomly on the lattices.
So now I am off to link this at Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge#50: Butterflies with Buttons and Bronze.

4 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow, this card is adorable! Love these bright colours (and the Mediterranean Sky is really the colour of our sky when the sun shines :D )
Gorgous lattice windows and beautiful butterfly! The bronze shining paper and the buttons are perfect for the theme :)
Thanks for sharing your lovely work at Butterfly Challenge#50

Mrs A. said...

Well your metallic brown card has finally seen the light of day at last. what a beautiful card you have made. I love he large butterfly and your sprinkling of fairy dust buttons. So glad you managed to play along this time round. your card wil be entered twice into the draw. Hugs Mrs A.

Jean said...

This is beautiful Kate, the dies are lovely especially the butterfly. The blue and red colours look really good with bronze metallic card as well, nice to find a use for it after all this time.
Jean x

kiwimeskreations said...

That looks wonderful Kate - it must be amazing IRL with the shimmer of the bronze.
Blessings
Maxine