Handicrafts by Kate Perry and other ramblings

Friday, March 23, 2018

Playing in Photoshop.

I use Photoshop quite a lot in my digital scrapbooks, but I don't pretend to be an expert, and there is so much in the software that I have never used. So every now and then I buy a tutorial on one technique, and because they are purchased they remain yours to go back to for a refresher whenever you want to. So this week I revisited a tutorial on blending a photo into a background, and decided I needed to have a go.
I chose a photo from one of my files, of a church in Winter. This is actually St Oswald's Church in Oswestry, Shropshire, my home town when I lived in UK, and it was taken last year, and sent to me by a friend.
I edited it a bit to make the colours less intense, and also straightened it. Then I chose a background from a scrapbook kit I purchased from the Digital Press, called Snow, snow, go away.!
I made this even paler than it is here, and added my photo on top of it, and then followed the steps from the tutorial to lose all the hard edges.
I used Publisher to reduce this to the size of some pre-folded card bases I had in my stash, printed it twice and cut it out and mounted it onto two cards. 
Then I raided my mirri-card and glitter card snippets box and found enough silver mirri-card for a snowflake and sentiment on one card, and some pale blue mirri-card for the greeting on the other, with white glitter card for the snowflakes. ( I made the sentiment in my Silhouette cameo machine and the snowflake corner is a part of a die called Winter Corner by Jeanine's Art).
A little bit of glitter glue to add some sparkle to the church scene finished it off.

So that's two more cards for my stash, and hopefully a technique learned that I can use again.

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful result Kate - well done!!
Blessings
Maxine